Monday, January 16, 2012

Striving for Balance and Escaping the Creative Doldrums

Sometimes, in doing the business of creating we lose the joy of the creating itself.  Learning to balance both aspects is always a challenge.  Over the last few weeks, I have been really focused on the shop and building the business itself, learning the ins and outs, social networking, taking and retaking photos to get them just right.  I began to feel disconnected from my craft and began that bizarre spiral of doubt that can overtake me and make me question the decision to try and merge creativity with business.  “Will earning my living doing what I love kill my love for it?”  I really needed to put in some studio time to remember the joy of simply making and to get back the balance.  To brighten my dreary mood, I made a few pieces in sunny colors.  Hope their color and spirit make you smile a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment