Sunday, January 29, 2012

Learning Curve


In the adventures of building this crazy business, I have been learning so much, not only about how the wonderful world of Etsy works but also about who I am as a person, a mother and as a maker.  I have learned that my sweet Caroline comes first and family time is precious.  I have learned to set limitations, realizing that there are only so many hours in the day and some have to be devoted to sleep.  I have learned that I can grow and change, but the essence of who I am remains the same.  I have been known to flit from project to project, my studio a constant catastrophe of supplies and elements, projects in various stages of completion.  I have come to accept that this will not change.  This it is how I am.  I love so many mediums and dabble in all things.   Rather than worry over mastery, I embrace the flaws in my work as I embrace the flaws in myself, I prefer to think of them as lovable quirks.    I am treating my shop as I treat my life, appreciating the variety and color that marks my world.  Lots of new things to come…stay tuned to see what hatches next in the crazy, beautiful world that is Belle Reve Designs.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I feel exactly like this! I always have messes of projects all over the place, and hate to clean it up until I am completely done. I love to do so many things, and I can't choose just one thing I want to focus on. It's too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I am not the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete